Sunday, November 24, 2013

Orange juice guilt.

So I am sometimes a little overly cautious about where my food is being sourced from. I want a true ethical product for all involved. If you know me you know that I take immigration reform insanely seriously and will not support any company that treats workers poorly. Well most orange farms treat their employees almost like slave laborers and pay them pennies. It is insane to me to be able to drink your orange juice without feeling guilty as to where this came from. I know it is just juice but still, buying and consuming just one product is perpetuation the cycle and making the product in demand. Why is it so hard to have human equity? We have stickers that show products are animal cruelty free, why not human cruelty free?

No comments:

Post a Comment